About Guatemala SHB Finca El Pacayal
Arrived June 2015, newest crop, in grainpro. Finca El Pacayal is located in San Miguel Pochuta, Chimaltenango, Guatemala. This farm possess rich volcanic soils produced by the nearby volcanoes Atitlan, Fuego, and Acatenango.
Finca El Pacayal sits at an altitude between 1,050 - 1,600 meters above sea level and cultivates coffee trees of the Bourbon, Caturra, and Catuai varieties. This farm is also shade grown under various native trees including Chalum, Gravilea and Inga. The shade makes for slower maturing and more intense flavors while providing habitat
- Location : San Miguel Pochuta, Chimaltenango
- Altitude: 3,445 - 5,250 feet (1,050 - 1,600 meters)
- Varietal : Caturra, Catuai, Bourbon
- Processing : Fully washed
- Drying : Sun dried (with some drying in the guardiolas)
- Harvest: December - March Export: February - June
- Drying: Sun dried (with some drying in the guardiolas)
Cup Characteristics: Typically bright, zesty acidity but also offers a very smoothly textured bittersweet chocolate mouthfeel.
Roasting Notes: Strictly Hard Bean (SHB) high grown coffees are dense and can be roasted throughout the light to dark spectrum. Lighter roasts will be characterized by pronounce acidity and more delicate dry white wine notes. The acidity is sufficient to withstand darker roasting, meaning the coffee, when dark, will not be flat tasting and will remain vibrant as a stand-alone or blend component.
The document has moved here.