Fresh Roast SR800 Roaster
About Fresh Roast SR800 Roaster
Free Shipping in contiguous 48 states
The SR800 is the latest model from Fresh Roast. It is an addition to the Fresh Roast model lineup and not a replacment to any prior version. The notable feature of the SR800 is its greater capacity, now able to roast a full 1/2 pound at a time. In addition the roaster features a new heavy-duty high capacity fan and heater. And, it has an improved control board for greater logic and reliability.
Adjustments for heat, fan, and time are made by pushing the knob and turning. There is also a real-time temperature readout, displayed by quickly turning the knob to the right for the current temperature. In place of Low, Medium and High settings there are now 9 levels of heat adjustment so that roast variations can be made to a finer and more precise level. Likewise, the fan also has a wider range of adjustment. Users can change the default start settings to their liking.
- For Washed (wet) processed coffee capacity is 8 ounces or 227 grams
- For Natural (dry) processed coffee capacity is 6 ounces or 170 grams
- For either process a minimum roast of 4 ounces is required
Natural process coffees produce more chaff and thus a smaller roast capacity is recommended.
Please note: The chaff basket and top lid from earlier SR roasters will not fit on the new SR800 or SR540. The roasting chamber is a much larger diameter making them not interchangeable.
The SR800 is a manually controlled machine. It does not operate from or with a software program (as the SR700 once did). The factory setting are Fan 5, Heat 9 and Timer 6.0 minutes. The Run/Cool button begins the roast or cooling cycles. To make an adjustment during the roast, press the "Adjust" button, and the digit for Fan, Power, and Timer each flashes in sequence. Press the control knob to make your selection and then adjust up or down by turning the knob for the parameter you wish to adjust.
- Roasting capacity up to 8 ounces or 227 grams, roughly 1/2 pound (for washed processed coffees)
- Real time temperature display capability
- Multi function control knob and large digital display
- Variable speed control for fan speed
- Variable speed control for temperature adjustment
- Variable speed control for timer.
- Fan speed, temperature and time can be adjusted at any time during roasting
- Capable of producing dark roasts but exercise caution as detailed in the Instruction Manual
- Electric: 120 Volts AC, 60 Hz
- Wattage: 1750
- All Fresh Roast brand coffee roasters are covered with a full 1 year *warranty on the Base Unit.
- Top Cap, Chaff Basket, and Roasting Chamber have a 6 month warranty on manufacturer defects.
- *Warranty void if used outside of North America
Conclusion: The newest SR model from Fresh Roast offer beginners and experienced roasters a good tool for roasting beans up to half pound of green coffee. The roaster performs quickly and is capable of the full roasted coffee range from light to dark. It has no smoke suppression nor does anything else close to it in price, but that also makes it possible to do dark roasts.
The SR800 is not certified to be sold or shipped into Canada at this time.
Please read the SR800 Operating Instructions fully before attempting your first roast.