Technivorm Black Moccamaster KBT-741
Our Price Includes:
- Free FedEx Ground Shipping to the lower 48 states (excludes PO Boxes) - Canada, Hawaii and Alaska see below**
- 2 half pound bags of freshly roasted coffee from Willoughby's Coffee & Tea
- Packet of Cleancaf coffeemaker cleaner
- Box of 100 paper coffee filters
About Technivorm Black Moccamaster KBT-741
EVERY 10 CUP TECHNIVORM FROM ROASTMASTERS INCLUDES
*** $15.00 shipping discount to Canada, Hawaii and Alaska. Enter coupon code SHIPDISC during checkout.
As featured in Cook's Illustrated. This is the KBT-741 in black which is the same as polished silver other than color difference. The body of the brewer is powder-coat black over metal, so it has a rich satin luster. The carafe continues to be stainless. Alternately, you may order the Technivorm Moccamaster Thermo CDGT - it is identical except for its appearance. They are the same width and depth, have the same finish and internal parts, same capacity and use the same carafe. Height is four tenths of inch taller.
The Technivorm Moccamaster KBT-741 Clubline brewer is a simple, precise and elegant electric drip brewer. No gadgets here. This is a handmade coffeemaker built in Holland. The main asset of the Moccamaster is its ability to maintain perfect brewing temperature throughout the entire brewing cycle, an attribute that has earned it certification from at least two coffee trade associations. This is a quality product, done simply. Specifications are the same the as the Moccamaster Thermo CDGT model - the main differences are in styling. Technivorm brewers have been recommended in articles that appeared in Wine Spectator and Barron's. Both models we offer have stainless thermal carafes.
- Certified by the Specialty Coffee Association of America.
- Approved by the European Coffee Brewing Centre (Oslo). Only a handful of brewers earn this approval which "ensures that the water extracts the coffee optimally".
- Brews at a consistent 200 degrees batch after batch.
- Brews up to 10 cups. Capacity is 1.25 liters (about 43 ounces). Brew time for a full pot is about 4.75 minutes at drip grind.
- Includes all stainless thermal carafe with 2 lids, a brew-thru and a travel lid. There is no heating element in brewer.
- Filter basket has drip stop.
- Uses paper cone filters (supplied with our offer) or goldfilter.
- Black scratch resistant finish.
- Original "Smitdesign" hand-built by Technivorm of Amerongen, the Netherlands
Height 15.5", Width 11.5", Depth 7"
Weight: 9 pounds
1400 watts. 13 amps
Detail of water chamber and filter
The European Coffee Brewing Centre
Seal of Approval
Clockwise from upper left:
1) Comes with newest style 1.25 liter thermal carafe 2) Certificate of handmade quality workmanship
3) Filter basket with open/half/close position 4) Detail of spray head looking up
Manufacturer's warranty is 5 years from date of purchase.