Baratza Preciso Coffee Mill
Free Ground Shipping in Continental US.
(Canada, Hawaii, Alaska see below**)
** $15.00 shipping discount to Canada, Hawaii and Alaska. Enter coupon code SHIPDISC during checkout.
About Baratza Preciso Coffee Mill
The Baratza Preciso builds upon the heavy duty Virtuoso by adding micro grinding controls, making more than 400 grind steps available. The Preciso adds extra precision and control to the great basic features of the Virtuoso. It retains the 40 grind adjustment steps of the Virtuoso, but a second micro adjustment lever further divides each of the 40 steps into 11 distinct settings. This makes it possible to fine tune your grind, which is especially important to espresso, where the rate and flow can alter crema and body. The Preciso ships with both the standard 5 ounce grounds bin as well as Baratza's innovative PortaHolder. The PortaHolder makes grinding for espresso a little easier and helps make clean up a snap. Like the Virtuoso, the body upon which this grinder is refined, it is really substantial, solid in every respect.
This item includes free FedEx ground shipping in the Continental US.
** $15.00 shipping discount to Hawaii and Alaska code SHIPDISC during checkout. Canada code SHIPDISCC.
Though a new product, the Preciso has already undergone significant improvements in its design. Most notably the Preciso features an entirely new Conical burr set that is precise and fast; the burrs provide extreme uniformity of grind and throughput that is 2.4 times faster than Baratza's other conical burr mills.
Below are some of the Virtuoso Preciso's incredible features:
- New conical burr set: The new 40 mm conical burrs used in the Preciso grind coffee at over 2.5 times as fast as the Virtuoso (1.8 g/sec to 2.5 g/sec. depending on the particle size.) Also, the particle distribution (especially for drip and press) is very unimodal, meaning there are very few fines in the coffee. This results in a cleaner, brighter, no-silt cup of coffee.
- Macro Adjust: Just like the Virtuoso, turn the hopper and with 40 settings you can quickly adjust from fine for espresso to course for French Press.
- New Micro Adjust Allows You To Dial In The Perfect Espresso Grind: A secondary micro adjust lever further divides each of the 40 Macro positions into 11 distinct steps. These steps(10 microns each), enable you to precisely turn the grind for the perfect shot.
- Hands Free Operation: Each Preciso comes with the PortaHolder, which permits hands free grinding into the Espresso portafilter. The regular 5 oz grounds bin is also included.
Like the Virtuoso, the Preciso has these great features:
- Pulse Button and 60 Second Timers: Front mounted pulse button makes it easy to grind directly into an espresso filter basket. 60 second adjustable timer with segmented graphics can be set for easily repeatable grind times.
- Calibration System: An innovative burr calibration sytem ensures that each grinder has the full range of grind; fine enough for any espresso machine and coarse enough for French Press.
- DC Motor: A powerful DC motor turns slowly at 450 rpm (adjustable /- 10%) resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits extended grinding time. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting thermal cut-off switch.
- Cast metal upper housing and base for beauty and stability.
- High efficiency motor is powerful and spins slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation.
- Timer switch for repeatable grinding time.
- Front-mounted pulse button makes it easy to grind directly into an espresso brew basket.
- New concise design of grinding chamber reduces coffee dust, making the removable burrs easy to clean.
- Powerful 6.0 amp motor.
- 8 oz. bean hopper.
- Large 5 oz. grounds bin.
Grind calibration provides 400 steps from espresso to coarse. The Preciso has extreme fine tuning for espresso. Particle distribution, especially for drip and press, is very unimodal meaning there are very few fines in the coffee. This results in a cleaner, brighter, no-silt cup of coffee.
Detail of grind setting possibilities
Looking down into burr housing.
Burrs are 40 mm commercial grade conical burrs.
Side view new notched grounds bin for easy removal.
Front-mounted pulse button makes it easy to grind directly into an espresso brew basket.
The Preciso ships with standard grounds bin and PortaHolder for espresso.
Baratza Preciso Specifications:
- 8 oz Bean Hopper
- 5 oz anti-static grounds bin
- Burr Speed 450 rpm (adjustable)
- Grinding Speed 2 gram/second
- Dimensions WxHxD 5W" x 14"H x 6D"
- Weight 9 pounds
- Warranty: One-year parts and labor
- Listings UL, CSA, and CE
- Color: Brown with a polished metal base
- Power: 120 volts, 3 prong plug
- Support: Unlimited toll free technical support
- Packed with cleaning brush.
- Packaged using 100% recyclable materials.
User manual can be downloaded here in Adobe Acrobat (pdf) format.