CDGT thoughts

Comments, experiences, etc.

CDGT thoughts

Postby guythatbrews » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:40 pm

Had one of these for 6 months now and would like to share my experience.

Chose this one based on several reviews. Wife and I like the round style better than the square. Friends all say it looks techy. We very much like it and the coffee it brews. Very fast brewer indeed. A few things we don't like...

1.The pour spout. There is none. No matter how hard I try I can't pour without a drip.
2. The power cord. Big as a table saw cord and stiff as a broomhandle. No cord storage.
3. A dummy like me can put the coffee on to brew with the thermal lid in the carafe instead of the brew-through lid. A whole pot of coffee makes quite a mess when it runs all over the counter. And hot too! I have only done this 4 times and although stupid and my own fault IMO the designers overlooked this area. Shouldn't be able to fit under the brew station with the wrong lid! Thinking about gluing a knob on top so it won't fit.
4. Thermal lid is two piece and takes on water. I found this out because i was looking for a way to dummy-proof #3. The lid snaps apart and has a piece of foam glued inside to kind of insulate it. Don't submerge the lid when you wash it. It is not sealed and will take on water. Kind of a crummy lid for such an expensive pot.

That said I would buy one again. Anyway get one. I think you will like it.
guythatbrews
Starter

Re: CDGT thoughts

Postby roastadmin » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:35 pm

Thanks for your feedback. We would like to point out that what you are referring to as the 'thermal' lid is really a travel lid that only needs to be used when moving a carafe from one location to another. You can really put it away until needed. The Brew Thru Lid should remain in place during and after brewing. There is almost no heat loss due to its design.
roastadmin
Site Admin

Return to Technivorm owners